Drug Recall Lawyer · National Drug Injury Attorneys
If you have suffered serious harm caused by a defective drug, contact a drug recall lawyer at Ratzan Weissman & Boldt. We know you have many questions, and we will give you the answers you deserve.
Before a new drug can be sold to the public, it is put through a process called “clinical trials” where the drug is tested for safety, efficacy, toxicity and harmful side effects. Once approved, and long after the drug is on the market, the drug manufacturer must continue to monitor the drug to make sure it remains safe.
Because of such measures, we expect our medications to be safe and effective. The truth is many medications on the market today are unsafe. Defective drugs cause thousands of tragic injuries and fatalities every year.
The drug recall lawyers at Ratzan Weissman & Boldt have considerable experience litigating cases nationwide on behalf of people injured by dangerous drugs as well as defective medical devices. When people are injured in this way, we help them rise up, speak out, and get the compensation they deserve.
Drug Recalls, Class Action Lawsuits and Drug Injury Warnings
Some lawsuits are dealt with behind closed doors, as the drug companies’ corporate lawyers negotiate settlements and resolve pending lawsuits. Other lawsuits are battled on a national stage. Dangerous drugs like the following include some of the largest corporations in the country:
- Raptiva (Psoriasis treatment) – linked to progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML)
- Fentanyl (narcotic skin patch pain medication) – linked to depressed respiration and breathing, momentary suspension of breathing, pale skin, easy bleeding or bruising and death
- Yaz and Yasmin (birth control pills) – linked to blood clots, deep vein thrombosis, strokes, heart attacks, gall bladder damage, kidney problems, and death
- Avandia (treatment for Type 2 diabetes) – linked to heart attacks and strokes
- Paxil (treatment for depression) – linked to birth defects and Paxil-induced deaths
- Vioxx (arthritis treatment) – linked to heart attack and stroke
- Zoloft (treatment of depression) – Zoloft withdrawal causes many severe symptoms including extreme nausea, high fever, flu symptoms, anxiety, insomnia, aggression, nightmares, tremor, seizures, and suicide
Why a Skilled Drug Recall Lawyer is Needed
Taking on the drug manufacturers requires a drug recall lawyer with significant financial, technological and scientific resources, and the respect of the bench as well as their legal opponents.
If harmful side effects or complications associated with a drug occur, the pharmaceutical manufacturer must disclose this information to the FDA, physicians and consumers.
Failure to do so is negligence on the part of the pharmaceutical company and is grounds for legal action. That is where an experienced drug recall lawyer will level the playing field in the interest of the consumer.
Common scenarios that may lead to drug-related injuries are
- Previously unseen side effects can surface even after FDA approval and widespread distribution.
- Manufacturers make mistakes, such as using too much of an active ingredient.
- Drug makers make unconfirmed claims about efficacy, and downplay the harmful side effects associated with their drug.
- The drug is inadequately labeled or is mislabeled.
- Participants in a clinical trial may have been injured because they were not informed about possible side effects, or they did not qualify for the treatment being studied.
- Drugs may not have been studied for their effects on pregnant or nursing women, or their children, and have been connected to serious drug-related birth defects.
Discuss your case with a veteran drug recall lawyer.
Drug companies and sellers of drugs may cut corners, withhold information about harmful effects, or fail to warn the public about known risks of their drugs. The drug injury attorneys of Ratzan Weissman & Boldt are powerfully committed to holding these companies accountable.
Do you need to speak with an experienced attorney? Protect your rights – Ask for a free consultation with a drug recall lawyernow.